An Introduction to Integrative Baby Therapy
This three days workshop is suitable for craniosacral therapists and also for all other conventional and alternative health care practitioners, including doulas, midwives, health visitors, nurses, bodyworkers, psychologists, psychotherapists etc. Also suitable for parents, educators and anyone who is interested in how birth may have a life-long impact on us. Our experiences in the womb, at birth and shortly after birth profoundly shape our sense of who we are and our perceptions of the world.
It can be taken as an introduction to the Foundation training in Integrative Baby Therapy or as a workshop in its own right.
This workshop will include seminar style teaching, some experiential exercises to access our own embodied experience. Matthew will show a demo working with a family.
- How the conventional cultural understanding of babies and prenates limits how we welcome them into the world
- The four stages of birth of birth from a baby’s perspective (as opposed to the three stages of birth from the obstetrical perspective) and how each of these stages may impact us
- How each of the stages of birth may set up specific core beliefs and life statements
- The nature of bonding and attachment in the first nine months of life and how unresolved prenatal and birth trauma can impact this
- How we can learn to listen to babies and to our own early experience in a new, more accurate and empathic way
We realized interesting webinars with Matthew see more here
Is the co founder and director of Conscious Embodiment Trainings. He was also co-founder of the Institute of Craniosacral Studies and a co-director and senior teacher with the Institute for 12 years. Matthew is a registered Craniosacral Therapist and psychotherapist living and working in Bristol. He trained in Body Psychotherapy at the Wilhelm Reich Institute of Integrated Therapy in Germany and in Core Process Psychotherapist at the Karuna Institute in Devon. He further trained in Pre and Perinatal Education with Karlton Terry in Switzerland and has assisted Karlton in the UK. He is a senior co-teacher with the Institute of Pre and Perinatal Education and a member of the International Society of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Medicine.
For ten years he worked as a houseparent at A. S. Neill’s famous democratic school Summerhill and his book ‘A Free Range Childhood’ based on his experiences at Summerhill has been published in several languages.
He has more than 20 years experience of lecturing and facilitating workshops in the UK, Europe, South Africa and America. As well as his more formal trainings, Matthew’s work is also informed by his work with a number of Buddhist and Shamanic teachers. He has spent many years visiting sacred sites, encountering wilderness and working in the Celtic shamanic tradition.
Matthew´s new book Transitions to WHOLENESS was published in 2020.
By registering for the seminar, the participant acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- The seminar is not a substitute for medical or psychotherapeutic care. The participant agrees to inform the organizer of any serious physical or psychological problems or treatment he/she is undergoing.
- Participation in the seminar is voluntary and can be very experiential. The participant is responsible for everything he/she does.
- The participant may leave the seminar at any time. The seminar fee is non-refundable in this case.
- It is the right of the instructor to terminate the participant’s attendance if deemed appropriate. In this case, the seminar fee will be refunded to the participant.
Workshop fee is 410 EUR till June 30th 2023 after that 440 EUR.
In case of cancellation of the event by the association for any reason, 100% of the amount will be refunded.
Until June 30th 2023, we refund the fee less 10% of the total fee.
From July 1st to August 25th 2023 we refund 50% of the fee.
From August 26th 2023 the fee is non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding and respect for our rules.