An Introduction to Integrative Baby Therapy
This tree days workshop is suitable for conventional and alternative health care practitioners, including doulas, midwives, health visitors, nurses, bodyworkers, psychologists, psychotherapists etc. Also suitable for parents, educators and anyone who is interested in how birth may have a life-long impact on us.
Our experiences in the womb, at birth and shortly after birth profoundly shape our sense of who we are and our perceptions of the world. This workshop is intended for psychotherapists, craniosacral therapists, osteopaths, massage therapists,, midwives, doulas, pediatricians, ante-natal yoga teachers, parents and anyone who is interested in how our earliest experiences shape us. It can be taken as an introduction to the Foundation training in Integrative Baby Therapy or as a workshop in its own right. The day will include seminar style teaching, video footage of therapy with babies and some experiential exercises to access our own embodied experience.
- How the conventional cultural understanding of babies and prenates limits how we welcome them into the world
- The four stages of birth of birth from a baby’s perspective (as opposed to the three stages of birth from the obstetrical perspective) and how each of these stages may impact us
- How each of the stages of birth may set up specific core beliefs and life statements
- The nature of bonding and attachment in the first nine months of life and how unresolved prenatal and birth trauma can impact this
- How we can learn to listen to babies and to our own early experience in a new, more accurate and empathic way
- How chemical and mechanical interventions during birth influence us
Matthew Appleton MA, RCST, UKCP (UK)
co-founded Conscious Embodiment Trainings in 2006, with his partner Jenni Meyer, to promote awareness of pre and perinatal psychology, sacred ecology and embodied process therapies. Prior to this he was also co-founder of the Institute of Craniosacral Studies and was a co-director and senior teacher with the Institute for 12 years.
Matthew is a registered Craniosacral Therapist and Core Process Psychotherapist living and working in Bristol. He trained in Pre and Perinatal Education with Karlton Terry in Switzerland and assisted Karlton in the UK for a number of years. Matthew is a member of the International Society of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Medicine has more than 20 years experience of lecturing and facilitating workshops in the UK and Europe.
Drawing from his work with babies an children and his training experience with Karlton Terry, Matthew developed Integrative Baby Therapy, which he has been teaching to craniosacral therapists, osteopaths, psychotherapist, doulas, midwives, nurses and paediatricians in the UK, Germany and Italy.
For ten years he worked as a houseparent at A. S. Neill’s famous democratic school Summerhill and his book ‘A Free Range Childhood’ based on his experiences at Summerhill has been published in several languages.
You can see more about Matthew here
Early bird – registration before 31st January – 8 900 CZK
Regular price – 10 000 CZK
If you cancel till 31/1 2020 we return 90% of payment.
If you cancel from 1/2 till 10/3 2020 cancellation fee is 50% from your payment.
If you cancel after 11/3 2020 cancellation fee is 100% from your payment.
Thank you for understanding.
Payment for the course participant acknowledges and agrees that:
- The seminar does not replace medical or psychotherapeutic care . Participant undertakes to inform the organizer of any serious physical or mental difficulties or treatment they undergo.
- Participation is voluntary and can be very experiential. The participant is responsible for everything he does.
- The participant may leave at any seminar. Seminar fee is not refundable in this case .
- Law lecturer is to terminate a participant’s participation may, if it deems appropriate. In this case, the fee will be refunded seminar participant .